Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sat May 8, 10:21 Am,

Just got home after a nearly 10 hour session. I m exhausted. Today was day one of the poker experiment. I don't have the energy to write a proper report. Its been quite some time since I played such a long session on several different tables, and many different tables. In general I played well, but there were definitely some points where I was not playing optimally. I bluffed off a huge pot near the end of the night which is unfortunate and my play became a bit too volatile for my liking. I became engaged in huge pots, big bluffs, big swings - rarely actually had a hand. I was best when I played tight, pulled the occasional bluff because of my table image. Getting too frisky just isn't worth it.

Anyway, all in all it was a very successful first session. I made $550 - a 20$ cab fair for a profit of $530 which is a great start.

The situation for playing is not idea. My not having a car means even if I take the metro there, I still spend $20 on a taxi home - which is really expensive. Also staying at home means that I feel really awkward coming home at 10:00 and, saying I slept at at a friend's house and then sleeping away much of the day. Anyway, not ideal but that's the situation- so I deal.

When I wake up later today, its paper writing all night, perhaps until 1:00 or 2:00 where I might hit up the night session if I have the energy

Anyway, a great beginning + $530.

Time to go to bed

AVP

No comments:

Post a Comment