Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13, 8:00Pm

Currently at the library trying to work, got last night's poker on my mind so I figured I would quikcly post, especially since I didn't get a chance to last night.

Last night was just plain BAD. I got unlucky, I later then didn't play very well. It was just generally bad. In the end, I made my way back to equal and even posted a medime sized profit but it was a long haul and it was a certain degree of luck, rather than skill that saved my hyde.

Basically I ended up with a "crazy" at my table - someone unattached to their money, usually drunk, rich, and often both who simply diasregards all strategy (which they likely know, but are simply choosing not to apply) and are jsut engaged in bi pots, big blufs, big suck-outs etc.

I had one of these guys at my table -in fact I had a couple of them and it made the game very volatile. My meagre 200 stack was getting called by up to four players (all with weaker hands) but I just wasn't hitting unfortunately.

At firast, I got it in good with A9 suited, not at strong a holding but the betting pattern made everything seem weak. Got called by 10J off and 45 suited to lose on the turn when Mr. 45 made a straight.

Similar situation with AQ offsuited whehn I got called by 4 players - would you believe, and unsurprisingly didn't win the 1100 preflop sized pot!

Down 400 I gradually crawled back, making some plays, getting rather lucky and nursing my last 200 buy-in into 875, for a 275 profit!

A successful night numerically but very risky, too volatile and frankly a scary for my liking

ALSO, I got up early yesterday to work so I was not as alert, or sharp as when I wake up at 4:00PM (evidenced by the fact that I past out in the cab on the way home!) - this is just stupid- I was clearly the most exhausted person at the table and there is no need to face that additional hurlde. I played till 7:00Am -I should have elft at 4:30!

Session time: 7:00 hours

Result: + $275

Comments: Uncomfortable with risk level, could easily have lost $600.

Lesson learned? Tough to say, I still want to get in those type of uber soft games, but my risk tolerance may just not be high enough. I think thenext time I see one of those games, I should just pe extra tight, buy in a little deeper, peel of a few more flops (even if they cose 35-45 a pop) rather than oput it all in pre-flop with strong, but not dominating hands.

AVP

No comments:

Post a Comment